Saturday, June 20, 2009

Fathers day

Thanks to Hannah's use of Bakerella's website...I purused and found these "hamburgers and fries" for Father's day. So this morning I went to the store, gathered the needed supplies and started baking. Kimball had to help-he reads cooking magazines for fun-picking out what he wants to make--so I had him mixing. I baked the brownies first, then cupcakes right after and then sugar cookies. (And would you believe that when we went to the store Cameron was begging to buy some junk food??!) We kicked Shawn out of the house for a little while (he was heartbroken to be going alone to the store let me tell you (ha ha)) and then assembled the "happy meal." These are what they looked like for me:

I didn't use the fancy schmancy paper and templates the website provided because well that was way too much work for food you are going to devour in about a minute. So I just printed out cute Father's day paper and put it on a paper plate and called it beautiful. We used green icing for lettuce, forgot about ketchup and mustard but nobody seemed to mind.

Shawn enjoyed his "meal" and so did the boys who were all too happy to help eat them. All that work and they were gone incredibly fast. Sam sure enjoyed his hamburger and he usually doesn't eat the meat (he throws it on the floor or puts mustard all over the plate and on it and then tries to smear it onto Cameron who is sitting next to him...). That was our fun Father's day gift to Shawn--though I did tell him he has me so what else does he need?

1 comment:

Life Happens said...

Looks like you guys had a good Father's Day! Steve's bday fell on Father's day this year. We just went to my parents house and had a cook out there. I guess when you don't have kids, it's just another day, but this year it was nice to celebrate Steve's bday.